Job Title: Technical Consultant
Reports to: UK Service Delivery Manager
Division/Department: Professional Services Department
Location: Ealing, London
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: On application
The Technical Consultant is an integral position within the Professional Services Department, working closely with the Winscribe and Customer Project Teams to deliver large scale technology-based change projects. The Technical Consultant is responsible for leading Technical Workstreams across multiple UK and European projects, ensuring delivery in line with the agreed constraints.
The following are key responsibility areas of the Technical Consultant:
- Act as main technical contact for projects, building effective relationships internally and externally to assist with the delivery of Winscribe projects.
- The successful installation and commissioning of all Winscribe solutions for new and existing customers. Deliverables include, technical planning and design, software and server installations, system configuration, software packaging, testing support, and deployment support.
- Creation of technical project documentation.
- 3rd line issue investigation and triaging, including Route Cause Analysis creation.
- Training of customer Technical Administrators and Helpdesk staff to enable the successful support of the Winscribe solutions.
- Delivery of technical knowledge and skills to support internal teams, including the UK Winscribe Service Desk.
- Maintain a general knowledge of software and hardware sold and deployed by Winscribe.
- In-house system set up and testing.
|Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience working within a computing related field.||Y|
|Evidence of continued professional development.||Y|
|Knowledge and Experience|
|3 years working in a technical delivery role.||Y|
|Experience working with Healthcare Information Systems and procedures.||Y|
|Understanding of data protection principles.||Y|
|Intermediate knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services.||Y|
|Experience in the use of Microsoft Windows Server and Client operating systems.||Y|
|Experience in virtual environments including VMWare and Citrix.||Y|
|Experience in TCP/IP networking and configuration.||Y|
|Experience in Web based technologies – HTML, SOAP.||Y|
|Experience in remote support.||Y|
|Proficient with Microsoft CRM.||Y|
|Proficient with Microsoft MS Office.||Y|
|Skills and Capabilities|
|Effective written and verbally communication skills, tailored to desired audience.||Y|
|Excellent skills in critical thinking, conceptual thinking and problem solving.||Y|
|Exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting capability.||Y|
|Effective time management, organizational and planning skills.||Y|
|Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environment, responding to unexpected demands.||Y|
|Ability to prioritise large workload to meet customer demands.||Y|
|Ability to communicate with customers over the phone and in writing.||Y|
|Team player with ability to motivate others.||Y|
|Self-motivated, proactive, self-starter.||Y|
|Have an affinity for customers with a desire to constantly improve relationships.||Y|
|Commercially minded with the ability to spot opportunities.||Y|
|Hold a full UK driving licence.||Y|
|Willingness to travel across the UK and Europe to meet customer demands.||Y|
|Willingness to work out of hours to meet customer demands.||Y|