Salary – comparable to Agenda for Change 8a/ 8b depending on experience
Location – This role is home-based with requirement for extensive travel often on a daily basis to Trusts premises. We are ideally seeking a candidate located in the Leicestershire area or South East of the UK. The Head Office of Nervecentre is based in Wokingham near Reading
Working Hours- 37.5 hours per week with the need to work longer hours as required to accommodate travel needs and meet Trusts requirements.
All interested candidates must submit an up to date CV
Nervecentre Software Ltd is a UK based organisation developing and delivering a Next Generation EPR for the global healthcare market that this will improve patient safety and provide clinical staff with access to real-time information. We have a mobile first approach enabling improved patient safety and ensuring clinical staff access to real-time information at the point of care Some of the largest Trusts in the UK are amongst our Customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated Registered General Nurse with recent Acute Care experience and a background in managing change with the ability to engage colleagues in its delivery. This is predominantly a customer facing role, helping to drive sales and to support the delivery of Nervecentre solutions, and develop and maintain strong customer relationships
Nervecentre Software has two key customer priorities: that our customer service and reputation remains excellent, and that the value customer derive from our products is substantial. The successful candidate will help to deliver upon these priorities through a relentless focus upon quality, a depth of knowledge of hospital processes and priorities, and strong communication and people management skills.
Nervecentre development is clinically led so an acute up to date knowledge of current processes within the NHS / UK health market is essential. The core role will involve building relationships at hospitals across the UK and occasionally internationally as a shared responsibility within the clinical team. This incorporates educating, training and informing customers of the benefits of Nervecentre, working with the customer to establish potential areas of improvement within their organisations, and helping to deliver upon the benefits they have identified.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing organisation, in a clinical position reporting to the Director of Clinical Operations.
We offer a rewarding working environment, with strong opportunities to learn new skills, and a competitive salary.
- Work with trusts to identify and document clinical process improvements based upon use of mobile and digital technology.
- Providing training and support to Trusts using Nervecentre’s modules or Full EPR
- Acting as a point of contact for Trusts for all clinical training and queries.
- Building loyal relationships with Trusts based on a reliable and trustworthy service.
- In due course taking responsibility for mentoring new team members and sharing clinical knowledge with other teams within the company
Qualifications & Experience
- Nursing Registration with evidence of revalidation if appropriate.
- Management experience at ward, directorate or corporate level (desired).
- Clear and confident communication skills in order to deliver presentations, product demonstrations and provide customer training.
- Passionate about healthcare and improving safety. Experienced to promote the improvement of working practices.
- Strong documentation experience (and able to provide evidence of this at interview).
- Well organised and self-motivated to work and deliver high standards.
- Comfortable and capable when learning new IT software programmes and technology (full training provided).
- A supportive team player who is reliable, responsible and flexible.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to work independently to resolve problems and devise creative solutions
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced and challenging environment to achieve the project goals
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) second language desirable.
- Full UK driving licence (car owner).
- Undertake CSO (clinical safety officer) training and hold responsibility to contribute to clinical safety processes.
To apply for this role please e-mail your CV to HR@nervecentresoftware.com