Cerner’s Population Health Practice is a new exciting part of our organisation transforming the way care is managed and delivered, using Cerner’s industry leading technology to underpin the management of population health across geographies. The Population Health Europe team offers the opportunity to be part of an innovative fast-paced unit with all the rewards and challenges that a start-up opportunity brings.
As a Business Intelligence Developer in the Population Health Analytics team you will contribute and develop high quality analytics for Cerner’s analytics strategic programmes using Cerner’s industry leading Population Health Platform HealtheIntent.
HealtheIntent is a big data platform which brings in data in near real time from electronic patient records, mobile medical devices, commissioning data and other reference data sets such as environmental data to create a longitudinal patient record of every citizen in their population. This longitudinal record is then then made available in the analytics platform in order to create analytics which enable clients to segment their populations, investigate gaps in care and identify high utilisation of the system.
You will be working on key analytics programmes which include developing high class analytics for; a national NHS Performance and Population Health project, local population health initiatives and Cerner’s Acute clients.
Using your extensive knowledge of healthcare combined with your technical skills you will create impactful analytics which will enable Cerner’s clients to improve patient outcomes, enable service redesign and reduce per capita cost.
As a Business Intelligence Developer you will support clients through the analytics development process end to end which includes designing and configuration of Cerner’s HealtheIntent Analytics Enterprise Data Warehouse. Working with clients to define use cases and scope analytic requirements. Agile development of analytics using industry leading tools including SQL, Tableau and Business Objects. Quality assuring analytics, ensuring for data accuracy and functionality and supporting clients to maximise the use of the analytics.
Alongside this you will work with the wider Population Health Analytics Team to support their client engagements, establish new processes and develop new innovative ways to visualise data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience in healthcare.
- 1 years’ experience in SQL and report building, programming or data visualisation development
- Experience of synthesising information from a range of sources
- Experience of communicating complex information to a lay audience
- Experience of data management, creating and updating data models
- At least 1 years’ experience of working with NHS data including commissioning, activity and clinical data and other datasets including SUS, HRGs, clinical codes
- Familiar with Tableau and other data visualisation applications
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of information Governance legislation and requirements
- Fluent in English
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Ability to work overtime and irregular hours as needed
All employees must be legally authorised to work in the country where the position is located. If applicant lacks required authorization, work visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
For an information discussion please contact Sonia.email@example.com