Leidos is a world leading Fortune 500 science and technology solutions and services company. We make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We employ 32,000 professionals across the world and for more than 40 years Leidos have been tackling some of the biggest problems that face our nation and our world. We bring a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in health, defence, intelligence, and civil markets.
In the UK & Europe, Leidos provides innovative technologies, unique methodologies and world-class services to customers in government, transportation, health, energy, safety and security and defence. We provide solutions that not only transform businesses and public services but change the world for the better. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business.
Within Health and Life Sciences, Leidos has helped customers prevent, diagnose, and treat illnesses for 30+ years. Leidos is developing next-generation solutions in areas such as advanced health data analytics and biomedical research; turning data into actionable information for health and care providers and their patients / citizens. From implementing and optimising electronic patient record solutions, to conducting ground-breaking research in to treatment; our passion to improve the care delivered to citizens and reduce costs, is transforming health and care. Our teams comprise clinical, scientific, and technical subject matter experts who draw upon their vast experience and deep knowledge of health and care, and technology.
Examples of some of our key activities, include:
- Supporting the NHS to deliver and enhance national solutions
- Delivering advanced health data analytics and visualisation solutions
- Advancing the use of electronic health records at hundreds of hospitals with 170 activations in two years
- Fields one of the largest electronic health record systems in the world serving 10 million members in over 1,200 locations and 16 countries
- Operating over 60 medical clinics across the U.S. and managing a provider network of over 12,000 physicians across 50 different specialities
- Processing more than 14 million Medicare transactions each month
- Waging war on cancer with 200+ employees
- Helping 2.5 million veterans receive disability benefits
- Safeguarding millions of lives developing vaccines to fight Malaria, Zika and HIV
- Helping thousands of adolescents recover from substance abuse
- Protecting hospitals from cyber-attacks with 24/7/365 monitoring
- Employing a team of over 600 professionals with clinical, financial and technical expertise
The role you will play
As part of the Leidos International Business Development Team, the successful candidate will report to the Leidos Business Development Director for UK & Europe as well as the Vice President for International Business Development within our Health Group. You will balance our business and customer goals to meet and drive our strategy and operating plan, focussed on Health in the UK. You will engage with our teams across the UK to identify, shape, qualify and win new business opportunities as well as represent our business with industrial and commercial partners. You will be capable of leading and executing significant new business campaigns in the UK Health market. Operating effectively within a multi-functional team, you will be an effective leader and communicator and have a background in/understand our Health customers, the market place and their requirements.
You will have responsibility for any Business Development team in your business sector, working closely and supporting existing Business Development leaders. You will manage, motivate and develop the team to ensure effective, efficient development of customer relationships and secure new business against agreed targets.
The successful candidate will have:
- an excellent and thorough understanding of the UK Health Sector and existing relationships that are used to continuously develop their understanding of the market
- experience of successfully driving business growth
- demonstrable experience of success in leading and winning contracts valued in excess of £50m
- extensive knowledge of Health business development, contract awards, current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviours
- deep understanding of UK procurement models and intimacy with associated capture procedures within large Blue Chip supplier base
- the ability to advise and influence senior management in relation to approaches and concepts on highly complex/sensitive/political issues relating to Health
- knowledge and experience of selling and designing large scale ICT business case offerings into Health in the UK
- worked in an organisation which delivers policy, strategy, business solutions and a proven depth of experience in pursuing and winning new business in a blue chip environment
- Excellent inter-personal, presentation and verbal skills
- Developing and maintaining a strategic perspective on Business Development and Health Business
- Establish and maintain strategic customer relationships
- Drive a competitive awareness culture to monitor external opportunities
- Develop effective business cases, strategic partner relationships and drive technology development plans
- Seek external sources to continually validate strategic objectives and progress
- Participate in speaking engagements, briefings, and thought leadership activities representing Leidos
Leidos strives to be a recognised global leader in solving important problems in Health, Security, Defence and Government. What you do, where you work and who on your team are important. After all, you spend a lot of time and energy at work. Leidos employees are smart people focussed on solving the world’s most daunting challenges. The work requires insight, ingenuity and commitment.